Jambo Hapa & Events!
Chef Ahmed and team loves to entertain! Join us for Foodie Nights, the travels of our food truck Jambo Hapa, Pop Ups and more. Click here to see our calendar.
Reach out via the CONTACT PAGE and please indicate the number of people expected, the date and times requested and any other information you think would be pertinent.
2018 Scheduled Events
We’re thrilled to once again participate in Restaurant Week!
For both lunch and dinner, Chef Ahmed Obo will be serving up a special menu newcomers and beloved regulars to enjoy.
Save the Date and Join us! We’ll begin taking reservations for Restaurant Week in mid-January.
- Makoomba at The Dirty Bourbon in ABQ on Friday March 11th. In collaboration with the lovely folks at AMP Concerts, get your tickets here. Check out Makoomba’s Facebook Page
- Divine Decadence: Chocolate Challenge to benefit La Familia Medical Center. At the Eldorado Hotel from 6 – 9 pm on Saturday March 24th. Chef Ahmed and Zuwena Salim Islam (his wife!) will be co-creating a special chocolate dish! YUM! Click Here for Tickets for the Divine Decadence Chocolate Challenge
- Vieux Farka Toure at the ABQ Museum on Friday, April 20th. Jambo Cafe starts serving around 6:30 and the show beings at 7:30. You don’t want to miss this this guy, known as the “Hendrix of the Sahara.” WOW! Tickets can be had RIGHT HERE.
- Angels Night Out! The annual event at Jambo Cafe Santa Fe where a portion of the evenings proceeds go to support the wonderful work of Kitchen Angels.
- ArtSmart Edibles Tour: Friday, June 8th Jambo Cafe will be serving up something yummy at Pippin Gallery. More soon!
- Black Expo: June 23 from 2 – 9 pm at the Expo Village, Villa Hispana in ABQ. We’re excited to once again be a part of this fabulous event featuring black culture, business, and artistry. Jambo Cafe will be a part of the Black Business Trade Fair. More info is at the Office of African American Affairs
- Jambo Kids Foundation Annual Fundraising Dinner, Thursday, June 28th from 5:30 – 9:30 pm at Jambo Cafe Santa Fe. More details TBD
- Santa Fe Wine Festival: June 30-July 1 at Los Golondrinas
- July 4th Celebration in Santa Fe at Santa Fe Place Mall. The Kiwanis Club is bringing this festival celebrating Independence. Activities begin around 6 pm and fireworks hit the sky around 9:30ish. A few more details are here.
- International Folk Art Market at the International Food Bazaar. Jambo Cafe is proud to once again be a part of this celebration of art and culture. Up on Museum Hill in Santa Fe, July 13, 14, 15. Tickets go on sale May 1st right here.
- We Are the SEEDS: August 16-17 in the Railyard behind SITE Santa Fe. We’re really happy to be a part of this landmark event featuring new and upcoming Native Artists as well as many Legacy Artists who bring power and presence to the New Mexico landscape with their creative works. From jewelry to pottery to beadwork to textiles – We Are the SEEDS is a laid-back yet festive opportunity to browse the beauty that Native Artisans have to offer right here in the Railyard. Visit We Are the Seeds for more detailed information.
- Zozobra! Jambo Cafe is coming out to Burn the Man on August 31st at Fort Marcy Park. Details at the All Things Zozobra page.
- SF Renaissance Fair:September 15-16 at Los Golondrinas
- Globalquerque!: September 21-22 at the National Hispanic Cultural Center (1701 4th Street SW) As usual the Globalquerque folks are keeping it fresh with music and dance and jams from all over the world. Visit Globalquerque for more information about the line-up, ticket sales, FREE Saturday programming, and the Global Village of arts, crafts, and food – where Jambo Hapa will be!
- Wine & Chili Fiesta Grand Tasting: Saturday, September 29th in the afternoon. More details soon.
- Fiesta Fela: On or around October 13th in the Railyard